Most people on Nomm believe in a pantheon of some sort. These prime gods may be known by varying names and may have other gods subordinate to them in some belief systems, but the main deities will be some version of the following models.
The Edrei have a four-member tier of gods at the top level of their pantheon:
- Aramazod: Fire god, domains of fire, protection, trickery, magic, and war
- Arahit: Earth goddess, domains of earth, animals, death, law, and knowledge
- Sovinar: Water goddess, domains of water, plants, strength, destruction, and healing
- Barsamin: Air god, domains of air, sun, travel, luck, and chaos
Most Hamath, Dorginari, and Humans, and many Halcyonians, have expanded this ancient structure and believe some form of this seven-figured pantheon:
- Aramazod: Fire god, domains of fire, protection, and trickery
- Arahit: Earth goddess, domains of earth, animals, and death
- Sovinar: Water goddess, domains of water, plants, and strength
- Barsamin: Air god, domains of air, sun, and travel
- Vahagon: Sexless Deity of aether, domains of luck and magic
- Tir: God of Order, domains of law, healing, and knowledge
- Araj: Goddess of Chaos, domains of chaos, destruction, and war
The Gnome have a rather Manichean approach to their deities, and believe in only two:
- Bocaj: Manifestation of Order, domains of law, healing, knowledge, protection, earth, sun, magic, death, strength, animals
- Kalbinam: Incarnation of Chaos, domains of chaos, fire, trickery, air, travel, water, destruction, war, luck, and plants
Perhaps surprisingly, a majority of Cadmians have converted to this Gnomish belief system, although many follow the traditional pantheon.
Metagame note: the association of domains with the pantheons has been done for roleplay guidance to participants choosing to play clerics. Good and Evil may be chosen as domains by clerics associated with any deity, since god are above morality. In effective gameplay, however, these domains are likely to be less attractive or useful than the others (see Alignments tab).